Dairy farming depends upon a multitude of key functions that, when managed correctly should complement each other and the farming system as a whole leading to a more efficient use of resources.
We can help with the planning an integration of animal husbandry, health and welfare, taking into account breeding, nutrition, grazing and forage management, soil fertility, manures and farm infrastructure. This advice is delivered through a one to one farm review with an easy to use follow up report and set of recommendations which highlights areas for improvement for your farm business.
We offer a consultation package that covers the following:
- Dairy Farm Management
- Feeding (Fodder management- Napier grass, Maize silage, Lucerne, Desmodium etc)
- Housing (Construction Designs)
- Calf rearing
- Milk technique and hygiene
- Cow health
- Dairy Record Keeping & Software
- Value Addition
- Soils, nutrient and manure management
- Market Linkages
- Feasibility studies